Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why miss out on it? Here are some ideas to keep you full until lunchtime, and all you have to do is wake up an extra 10 minutes earlier and you’ll feel so much better for it.
1) Make use of your microwave!
The microwave cuts cooking time down dramatically, great for when you are in a rush. Try these 2 minute scrambled eggs, in a mug add the eggs, seasoning and a dash of milk and put in the microwave for 2 minutes and done!
2) Another microwave favourite is the breakfast muffin. Here’s a healthy alternative, but feel free to add any indulgences, like chocolate chips or marshmallows! This recipe requires oats, an egg, a selection of your favourite blueberries and some brown sugar. If you like the muffin moist, add some milk. Mix the ingredients in the mug and microwave for roughly 1 minute, but just keep an eye on it, it can overflow! Find out more here.
3) Cereal is fine for breakfast, but why not try yoghurt as an alternative? I love a greek yoghurt with a good quality crunchy granola topped with plenty of berries. You can make this lovely and sweet with honey drizzled on top- delicious. When you are in a rush, you can put this in Tupperware and have it on the go, it’s so versatile
4) So this idea takes a little longer in the morning but it is certainly worth it. Poached eggs with avocado on toast. I toast some whole grain bread and spread about a quarter of mashed avocado and top with a poached egg cooked in some lightly salted water. I like this breakfast as it provides me with loads of energy for the day and I don’t get hungry until around 1pm.
5) Smoothies and juices are a great way to pack lots of ingredients and nutrients in a quick, easy to consume ‘drink’. You can buy a good fruit blender for around £20, I like this one which has a bottle attached so it’s great for on-the-go. You can make all sorts of fruit and vegetable combinations but my favourite is a peanut butter and banana smoothie. This smoothie uses a frozen banana (I do this the night before), 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter, milk and a few ice cubes. This is another great idea that will be sure to fuel you for the day!
Find me on Twitter and Facebook!